Each item I list is a personal recommendation. I will never recommend something I have not personally read, listened to or watched. These are my top recommendations.
Book Recommendations for Grief
I have read many books on grief and to date these books stand out. I personally have read Bearing the Unbearable several times. It’s a book I return to when I find myself struggling inside of grief.
- Bearing the Unbearable by Dr. Joanne Cacciatore
- Yoga for Grief and Loss by Karla Helbert
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK by Megan Devine
- Wild Edge of Sorrow by Francis Weller
Documentary on Grief
I found this movie to depict what life represents after loss. The movie interviews a few bereaved parents in different stages of their loss.
- A Love That Never Dies – A personal journey by two bereaved parents and a love letter to their son.
Articles on Grief
If your child has died or you know someone whose child has died, please read this article:
Video/Podcast interviews related to Grief
- Healing addiction interview with Dr. Joanne Cacciatore and Erik Kerr
- On Being with Krista Tippett: Roshi Joan Halifax interview
Recommended non-fiction books
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
- How to Be a Good Creature by Sy Montgomery